Skip to main content

Seattle

I'm back!! It's been a while, and by letting myself get behind, I have a lot to catch up on. So this will probably be, for the most part, a run down about all the awesome and crazy things that have been happening in my life lately. :) 

First things first, my Seattle trip! If anyone who reads this also follows me on social media, then you probably already knew I went to Seattle. If you didn't, well here you go! Every year for my birthday (this tradition started when I was 16) instead of having a party, we go on a trip. Usually with My mom, Tim (step dad), Lilli, Kellen and Trampis (all siblings) and this year and last year, Trampis's birthday has tagged along. 

Last year we went to the beach. That was going to be the plan for this year as well until we heard it was supposed to rain all weekend. Which is not super uncommon for the Oregon coast, but we decided to try a different venue. The great city of Seattle! 

Trampis and Jess got here on that Friday night in time for us to go out to Mexican food and a movie. The next morning we all got up early and packed and hit the road. Usually the drive would take around 4 hours, but for us on that fateful Saturday, it took almost 8! I guess a murderer (suspected murderer?) decided to get into a high-speed chase with the cops about an hour outside of Seattle and crash and... pass on. So the freeway was jam packed with traffic. At one point it took us a half hour to get a mile. Trampis was in the back seat exclaiming, 
"I'm going to lose my mind!!" 

Buuuuuuuut all is well that ends well (or something like that). We finally got to Seattle to arrive at our fancy hotel to drop our bags and head to the Space Needle. 

We walked a few blocks to the monorail and rode that, which was awesome. 


We saw a Tiffany's store on the way to the monorail and the girls had to take a picture by it (and go in a browse, of course) 



A selfie on the monorail.


Stepping off the monorail and posing for a picture. The kid's sure do make some interesting faces. 


Below the Space Needle, by all the cool shops and things, stood this storm trooper guy posing for pictures. My mom turned to us and asked if we wanted to take one and Jess and I were the only ones who would hop in there. Kellen ran in once he saw that the storm trooper didn't bite. He was a funny guy and it turned out to be a super cute picture. 






A couple picture on top. We stayed up there for a good chunk of time, walking around and seeing all of the breathtaking view points. So many cool things to see!! All of Seattle and the bay (with the adorable ferry boats that I had to take an awkward picture in front of). 

After the Space Needle, we went back on the monorail and met up with Jess's brother, Paul, and his girlfriend. Then we went shopping for a while and then to dinner. 

When we got home from dinner, Jess and Trampis and I went to our room and realized it wasn't even that late. I faintly recall T announcing, "The night is still young!". We found out later that the night was not so young when everything in the mall across the street was closed except for Barnes and Nobel, but hey, we weren't complaining. Trampis was all over the superhero section while Jess and I scouted some cool Psychology books since she's a psychology major and I find it super cool. She walked out with a total of 4 books, I think. 

After that, the night was officially old, and we went to sleep (after Trampis made me call the front desk and ask if they had a pool. They didn't, and we were very upset).

The next morning was spent shopping and going to the Pike Street Market, which is like... the coolest thing ever. So many cute shops and interesting people and things to look at! All of the booths sell such creative stuff :) Most of the market smells like fish, but I recommend on going anyways. Besides, I bought my new favorite sweatshirt and ring from a cute booth and cute shop. 


After that, we hunted down a Mariners hat for T and headed home. 

I will for sure go back to Seattle, and SOON. It's such a cute city and there is so much to do and I had so much fun with my family. Next time, though, I'm gonna have to try out those cute ferry boats. 

Signing off until next time, 
Ella 










Comments

  1. It's always fun to be a tourist. I think Seattle is an amazing city. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to Seattle in a long time (except a stop over at the airport). I'll have to check it out sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts

Favorite People