Skip to main content

so much to update you on

A new blogpost. A blank canvas. Hello!!!

I’ve been wanting to write for a while now, but every minute of free time I have in consumed with Coulsen… or sleep. Haha. I, if I’m being real with you, have no idea what this blog post will turn into. I don’t have an idea or a plan. Just me, writing my little heart out.

The last post I posted was in November. 2017!!!!!! Is that baffling to anyone else? I made a vow long ago to try to post once a week but I guess that’s not really happening, huh?.... Oh well. Sometimes we have goals and we don’t quite reach them but that’s okay. There’s always next week or next month or next year. And those things I’ve been focused on lately are all good things! So let’s cut myself some slack (remember to cut yourself some slack every once in a while, too).

Thanksgiving came and went. I went to Rigby (ID) with my dad and step mom and spent that short half a week with my step family. Luckily I was able to visit my bff Elizabeth and pick out her wedding dress with her. Then I got to meet Coulsen’s extended family on his dad’s side. Both were such great experiences! With two of my absolute favorite people!
Playing our favorite thanksgiving activity- Kan Jam

My Fitzgerald radiating happiness after finding her perfect dress.

Lizzy and Matt being cuties. 

Fall term ended and Christmas break began and my heart ached everyday Coulsen wasn’t here (which was basically the entire month). He left for the break to go back to Roseburg to visit his family. I stayed the majority of the month and worked, but got 11 days off to go and visit family.

Ice skating, watching the newest star wars movie, blazers game, christmas day, those were just some of my favorite memories from those action packed days. It was short, but always worth it.
My beautiful mama and I. She's the mastermind behind all the family plans. 

Like this fun adventure.

One of the fun activities we did at my dad's. Traci said it was dad's idea because he loves Tonya Harding and was excited for the "I, Tonya" movie haha.

And of course, I can't forget this, I got to see my bff and cousin, Cynjyn. We did our annual photoshoot with our wonderful photographer, Tanner. 



I love her so much.

January was pretty crazy. I got into the groove of my new classes and working more than I had before. Coulsen and I didn’t have any classes together and were sad when a day or two would go by without us seeing each other. I enjoyed learning about the Pacific North West's history (sometimes we forget that there are historical stories having to do with the ground we walk on- not just the countries overseas), about American history (my first ever class focused on the early days of America!) and singing songs in Musical theater. It was a fun term but with a ton of work.

Honestly, when week 10 came around, I was glad to be moving on from that work load.

One of the last weekends in February was Lizzy’s wedding. I drove up on the morning of the 23rd, accompanied by Coulsen whom I dropped off with a friend, and met Lizzy and her other bridesmaid at the mall in Portland. We spent the night hanging out, talking. I painted my nails and we did some trial runs for Lizzy’s hair for the next day.

After we got ready for bed, Lizzy and I stayed up and talked in the dark. It reminded me of the times I stayed at her house when we were in High School. We talked about marriage and relationships and our writing and friendship. I was reminded again why I love her so much.

The next morning we jammed to music as we got her ready. She went off to the temple as Leah and I got ready. The temple wedding went smoothly and we took pictures on temple ground afterward. She was beautiful! Absolutely!


After we went to lunch with the bridal party and Lizzy and Matt’s family, I was off to pick up Coulsen and head down to Roseburg. We surprised his mom, who had the best reaction!

The reception was filled with dancing. It couldn’t be a celebration of all things Lizzy if it didn’t include yummy treats and dancing!





The next day was the day I was born (20 years later, of course, which sounds like a ton when I say it like that). I woke up to texts and phone calls, and about an hour later my dad and Traci showed up to meet Coulsen’s parents and eat lunch with us! It was the first time I had seen my dad on my birthday in 7 years. Insanity.



That night Couls and I drove up and ate dinner and cake at my moms. We relaxed the rest of the night, and took off the next morning.

Things were normal for a while after that.

In march, late march, Lillian (my sister) was supposed to be getting baptised. If reading that made you do a double take and wonder how it the world she could already be 8 years old, you are not alone. I can’t believe it myself! Especially since I remember the night she was born vividly.
Anyway, it didn’t end up happening because she got sick right before. We postponed it and ended up having a great, relaxed, weekend anyway. I was glad to just get in my sweats and hang out with my siblings. Kellen, who is turning 7 in July… I KNOW RIGHT… snuggled close to me especially. Him and I have always had a special bond but it’s usually Lilli and I who are inseperbale. This time Kellen must have missed me extra. We were taking selfies and sending them to Coulsen, Kellen kept looking at me and saying “we are soooooo happy, ella. Tell coulsen we are soooooo happy”.

If that doesn’t make your heart melt, I don’t know if anything will.

I was also able to go dress shopping for another bff of mine, who is tying the knot in September! So excited for her.

The rest of spring break I spent seeing Coulsen’s family, who were passing through to Idaho, and then working.

Spring term began with a bang. Coulsen and I (with only 1 being planned) registered for all the same classes. I LOVE going to class and seeing him everyday. We do homework together, discuss teachers and assignments and new ideas, and do lots of cool rolls in our Stage Combat class together. It’s been such a fun term so far!

Work is well, as always. I have some of the best co workers! Especially one, Crystal, who has quickly become one of my best friends here. We love dutch bros and adventures with our boyfriends.



About a week went by with nothing out of the ordinary to report. until about a week later... 

I had had a crappy day at work. It was long and stressful and I called Coulsen afterward saying if we didn't hang out than I'd probably just die. (lol) So we decided to get a drink from taco bell and take a drive around the valley. We talked about my chaotic night, and about the weeks ahead of us. Somehow we got on the topic of how long we've known each other. 6 years, which is crazyyyyyy. We talked about when we first met and all of the adventures and awkward moments that followed, and how crazy it was that no matter what we had found our way back to each other. Coulsen dropped everything and moved to a town he'd never been to before, for me! 

Finally he asked me to pull over, so I did, and we talked some more. I'll keep that conversation to myself, but he asked me to be his wife. Too shocked, I just nodded, and after a while later he said, "Did you say yes, I don't remember." Hahahaha

Sooooo we're engaged. And I think that's the craziest life update so far! We have been seriously overwhelmed with how much love our family and friends have shown us lately. Everyone is so excited! Who knew we were blessed with so many wonderful people.

Thanks for reading!!! The next life update will be a good one ;) 

Signing off until next time, 
Ella Frances Waite




Comments

  1. This is actually Kim, I'm too lazy to sign out C and sign me in! Great update! Great Life! Great future...keep me posted on all the details!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts

Favorite People